Credit: Lisa Marie Smith on Facebook
My special guest for this episode is Lisa Marie Smith. Lisa is a Las Vegas-based singer, dancer & model. She's appeared as a headliner in shows on the Vegas strip at the Stratosphere and the Palazzo. Just last year, she signed her first record deal with Fervor Records and in November 2018, she released her debut self-titled EP featuring her single, "Get Closer To Me". Lisa is currently in the process of launching her new band project, LMS.
Lisa is also one of my closest friends. In the time we've known each other, she's become like a sister to me. I've introduced her to Canadian delicacies like All-Dressed & Ketchup Chips, Buttertarts and Nanaimo Bars and she's taken me and my wife out to some awesome Vegas restaurants, bars and shows. Lisa has been there for me during some very tough times and I've been fortunate enough to be able to do the same for her.
During our podcast conversation we talked about growing up in Las Vegas, touring around the world performing on cruise ships, her charity work, her vocal teaching and we also talked about some of her recent personal physical struggles.
Follow Lisa on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Stream her EP on Apple Music and Spotify or download from iTunes.
Also in this episode...Vegas News You Can Use:
- Wynn has announced they're eliminating parking fees for guests of The Wynn & Encore Resorts
- Jimmy Kimmel's new comedy club is open in Las Vegas
- And Mariah Carey is coming back to The Collosseum at Caesars Palace
Money is always a tricky topic when it comes to planning for a Las Vegas trip or when giving advice to Vegas visitors. As I've talked about in previous episodes, Vegas is one of those rare vacation destinations where you can literally make it whatever you want it to be; whether you want to play "high roller" and drop stacks of cash wherever you go or you want to play it sensible and actually take some of your money home with you, both are viable options.
Viva Las Value is a new website designed to help you do Vegas like a high roller...without breaking the bank. The site is jammed full of amazing tips & tricks for the Vegas visitor including everything from how to score free drinks while playing slots to how to NOT be overwhelmed on your first trip to the casino to how to earn comps just for playing "pretend" slots on Facebook. I tracked down Sergio Portesan, the founder and creator of Viva Las Value to get his story & find out the inspiration behind creating the site.
Be sure to give Viva Las Value a follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram to interact.
Also In This Episode:
- Updates on a few big-name comedians who are coming to Vegas over the next couple of months including Craig Ferguson, Kevin McDonald, Jim Gaffigan and Sebastian Maniscalo
- And POOL SEASON IS HERE! Resorts up and down the strip are gearing up for the summer of 2019 with exciting announcements for poolside entertainment!
Las Vegas is the official city of HYPE! Everything in Sin City is EXCITING AND AMAZING...or is it?
There's nothing worse than being amped up for an experience only to end up being horribly disappointed. But at the same time, it's always fun to come across those "hidden gems" that nobody else knows about.
That's what this episode is all about - Vegas' Most Overrated and Underrated!
Are those celebrity chef restaurants worth the hype? Should you stay at one of the big-name mega-resorts...or pick a smaller off-strip spot? How many Cirque shows is TOO MANY Cirque Shows? This episode will answer those questions - and more!
Thanks to this week's guest contributors:
- Sam Novak from "Vegas Unfiltered", the Las Vegas blog that's just that - unfiltered! Sam is never afraid to speak his mind on the goings-on in Sin City...and he gives us his picks for Vegas' Most Overrated & Underrated. Be sure to follow Sam on Facebook and Twitter.
- Jenna Nye from "Off The Strip", where the motto is "There's More To Vegas". Jenna joins us live from Las Vegas and shares some of her favourite underrated hidden gems away from the insanity of the Vegas strip. Find Off The Strip on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Also included in this week's episode:
- Updates on several Vegas residencies including announcements from Christina Aguilera, Def Leppard and Janet Jackson
- Info on a new show coming to Vegas in the Fall of 2019, a current show moving down the strip and rave review for a brand new brunch/show
- And Chef Gordon Ramsay with an announcement about Hell's Kitchen
The inspiration for this episode came from a post on one of my favourite Vegas-related Facebook pages, "Talk Las Vegas", where a gentleman named Michael was asking about whether or not he should do a solo trip to Las Vegas after his travel partner cancelled on him.
I myself have done numerous solo trips and have a blast every single time. So, I thought I'd share my thoughts on travelling alone to Vegas as well as a few tips & tricks on things to do, where to eat and - most importantly - how to stay safe when travelling solo!
If you're planning on a solo trip to Vegas, check out these links:
- The Vegas Solo...The definitive website for solo travellers headed to Vegas
- Vegas Bright's guide for female solo travellers headed to Vegas - including some great safety tips
- Frontdesk Tip's complete guide to visiting Vegas as a solo traveller
This week's episode is about a topic that always manages to get people going online - whether it's on Facebook, TripAdvisor or any of the thousands of other Vegas-related blogs or websites out there:
BRINGING KIDS TO VEGAS
Big thanks to my guests who joined me to talk about this very polarizing topic:
- Jessica aka "Vegas Princess Bella" - She's a long-time Las Vegas visitor who runs Las Vegas Pics and Tricks on Facebook and a mom, who recently took her 8 & 10 year-old children to Vegas.
- And Maria-Leena Kerr - She's the owner of DanishTourGuide.com, an online concierge platform and sightseeing company. Maria also provides tour services in Las Vegas and helps families organize their trips to Vegas. Reach out to her on Twitter and Instagram.
Listen in for great insight on bringing children to Las Vegas.
And don't forget: I'm coming to Vegas from February 3rd to 6th/2019! I'll be at the SOLD-OUT Mondays Dark on February 4th and I'll be bouncing around town throughout those days. If you're in town and want to connect, please feel free to reach out via Twitter or Facebook!