WOW! The Jeff Does Vegas Podcast has hit a huge milestone...10,000+ DOWNLOADS!
I know I said I wasn't going to post any episodes for awhile, but I had to jump on and thank everyone who's helped me reach this huge achievement!
Thanks to all my listeners, thanks to all my guests and thanks to all the fellow Las Vegas podcasters who've helped to share the show and make it as big as it's become.
The best is yet to come! I've got lots planned for the show, so I hope you'll stick with me as we grow together!
Credit: Lisa Marie Smith on Facebook
My special guest for this episode is Lisa Marie Smith. Lisa is a Las Vegas-based singer, dancer & model. She's appeared as a headliner in shows on the Vegas strip at the Stratosphere and the Palazzo. Just last year, she signed her first record deal with Fervor Records and in November 2018, she released her debut self-titled EP featuring her single, "Get Closer To Me". Lisa is currently in the process of launching her new band project, LMS.
Lisa is also one of my closest friends. In the time we've known each other, she's become like a sister to me. I've introduced her to Canadian delicacies like All-Dressed & Ketchup Chips, Buttertarts and Nanaimo Bars and she's taken me and my wife out to some awesome Vegas restaurants, bars and shows. Lisa has been there for me during some very tough times and I've been fortunate enough to be able to do the same for her.
During our podcast conversation we talked about growing up in Las Vegas, touring around the world performing on cruise ships, her charity work, her vocal teaching and we also talked about some of her recent personal physical struggles.
Follow Lisa on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Stream her EP on Apple Music and Spotify or download from iTunes.
Also in this episode...Vegas News You Can Use:
- Wynn has announced they're eliminating parking fees for guests of The Wynn & Encore Resorts
- Jimmy Kimmel's new comedy club is open in Las Vegas
- And Mariah Carey is coming back to The Collosseum at Caesars Palace
Las Vegas attracts over 42 million visitors every year from all over the world with a good number of those people making their first ever trip to Sin City. Las Vegas is one of those places that can be very overwhelming for a first-timer. But don't worry...your friends will help with suggestions on places to stay, where to eat, what shows to see and what attractions to go to.
What your friends probably won't tell you about are all the things they did WRONG on their trips to Las Vegas; mistakes that can literally make or break your vacation. To do that, I've enlisted the help of an expert who - quite literally - wrote the book on "Classic Vegas Mistakes."
This episode, I chat with David Demontmollin, a 20-year casino industry veteran who's worked for both Strip and Off-Strip properties in Las Vegas. He starred in Discovery Channel's smash hit, "American Casino" and has appeared on multiple TV & radio shows, talking about casino travel. David has also channeled his expertise into several books including "Las Vegas' Little Black Book: A Guys Guide To The Perfect Vegas Weekend" and "Classic Vegas Mistakes" - both of which are available on Amazon.
David and I talked about his experience in the industry, recent changes in the casino & gaming business - including those dreaded Resort Fees - and those Classic Vegas Mistakes. If you want more Classic Vegas Mistakes, head over and follow David on Twitter.
Also in this episode, Vegas News You Can Use:
- The Eagles are coming to Las Vegas in September for two special live performances of the album, Hotel California
- A timeline has been released for the changeover of the Hard Rock Hotel to the Virgin Hotel Las Vegas
- And the Las Vegas Aviators triple-a baseball team is getting set for take-off!
Money is always a tricky topic when it comes to planning for a Las Vegas trip or when giving advice to Vegas visitors. As I've talked about in previous episodes, Vegas is one of those rare vacation destinations where you can literally make it whatever you want it to be; whether you want to play "high roller" and drop stacks of cash wherever you go or you want to play it sensible and actually take some of your money home with you, both are viable options.
Viva Las Value is a new website designed to help you do Vegas like a high roller...without breaking the bank. The site is jammed full of amazing tips & tricks for the Vegas visitor including everything from how to score free drinks while playing slots to how to NOT be overwhelmed on your first trip to the casino to how to earn comps just for playing "pretend" slots on Facebook. I tracked down Sergio Portesan, the founder and creator of Viva Las Value to get his story & find out the inspiration behind creating the site.
Be sure to give Viva Las Value a follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram to interact.
Also In This Episode:
- Updates on a few big-name comedians who are coming to Vegas over the next couple of months including Craig Ferguson, Kevin McDonald, Jim Gaffigan and Sebastian Maniscalo
- And POOL SEASON IS HERE! Resorts up and down the strip are gearing up for the summer of 2019 with exciting announcements for poolside entertainment!
Las Vegas is the official city of HYPE! Everything in Sin City is EXCITING AND AMAZING...or is it?
There's nothing worse than being amped up for an experience only to end up being horribly disappointed. But at the same time, it's always fun to come across those "hidden gems" that nobody else knows about.
That's what this episode is all about - Vegas' Most Overrated and Underrated!
Are those celebrity chef restaurants worth the hype? Should you stay at one of the big-name mega-resorts...or pick a smaller off-strip spot? How many Cirque shows is TOO MANY Cirque Shows? This episode will answer those questions - and more!
Thanks to this week's guest contributors:
- Sam Novak from "Vegas Unfiltered", the Las Vegas blog that's just that - unfiltered! Sam is never afraid to speak his mind on the goings-on in Sin City...and he gives us his picks for Vegas' Most Overrated & Underrated. Be sure to follow Sam on Facebook and Twitter.
- Jenna Nye from "Off The Strip", where the motto is "There's More To Vegas". Jenna joins us live from Las Vegas and shares some of her favourite underrated hidden gems away from the insanity of the Vegas strip. Find Off The Strip on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Also included in this week's episode:
- Updates on several Vegas residencies including announcements from Christina Aguilera, Def Leppard and Janet Jackson
- Info on a new show coming to Vegas in the Fall of 2019, a current show moving down the strip and rave review for a brand new brunch/show
- And Chef Gordon Ramsay with an announcement about Hell's Kitchen